Genealogy Researcher’s Technology Tool Box
Genealogy Researcher’s Worst Nightmare
As genealogy researchers we works diligently to collect our genealogy records. The last thing any of us wants is to lose our data or not be able to access it. We also want to keep it organized and be able to share it as needed.
Genealogy Researcher Management Suggestions
The following websites provide great options to help you manage your genealogy research materials.
- GenSmarts – gensmarts.com – makes research suggestions based on the information that is in and not in your genealogy documents such as Family Tree Maker or RootsMagic.
- Evernote – evernote.com – provides an offsite location for you to collect your notes and access them from any other computer as you travel.
- Offsite backup options:
- Dropbox – dropbox.com – provides an offsite location for you to store your genealogy files for access from any computers or to share with others.
The following websites provide you with offsite backup so you don’t lose your files in the event your computer crashes.
- MozyHome – mozy.com
- Carbonite – carbonite.com
- IDrive – idrive.com
- Have you ever lost your files due to your computer crashing?
- Have you ever been unable to access files when traveling?
- Have you checked out these website and are they helpful?